Apr 28, 2006

Tiësto official Dance4Life ambassador

As an artist I have been able to travel across our planet. The number of milestones that I have achieved during my career are many. From the opening of the Olympic Games to the first DJ ever to sell-out a stadium event. But the most important aspect is the contact I have with people from all over the world. The chance to communicate through my music as I believe in the power of music as a universal language.

I have always supported charities privately. Many charities have contacted me to become an ambassador. Sometimes I agreed to do something for them, but I never found one that fitted me perfectly. A charity that gives me the chance to go more in-depth both as a person and an artist. Until I came across Dance4Life. The enthusiasm and commitment they have to fulfill their dream inspires me, and it has become my dream now too.

The way Dance4Life engages with young people around the world to do something about the HIV / AIDS problem is very powerful. They offer young people an attractive way to do something themselves, and reward those who have that with a spectacular event. The combination of serious content and entertainment assures that Dance4Life gets young people on the move.

The closing Dance4Life events are organized simultaneously around the globe and are audio-visually connected. All participating youngsters have taken part in the Dance4Life schools project. Starting in 2004 Dance4Life was already active in three continents; Africa, Asia and Europe. This year Dance4Life will be produced in at least 10 different countries, and I have decided to be their ambassador! This means I will do many things to make Dance4Life a huge success. I will perform at their events, produce their 2006 anthem and be part of their mass-media campaign in different ways to spread their message: ”Start Dancing, Stop Aids, Dance4Life!”

The countries that will take part this year are: Tanzania, Kenia, Indonesia, Ethiopia, UK, Russia, Germany, Vietnam, South Africa and the Netherlands. Dance4Life is presented by STOP AIDS NOW! and MY Body. All money generated by the project will be spent by these two NGO’s on projects aimed at prevention and awareness for young people in the countries most hit by HIV / AIDS.

No comments: